The QECI’s Office is located at the Qeshm International Incubator Center, Qeshm Island, Persian Gulf
Qeshm Environmental Conservation Institute (QECI) is a non-governmental and non-of-profit organization that conducts research to provide critical baselines for developing conservation plans and/or scientific solutions for conservation issues; aiming to protect the marine biodiversity of the Persian Gulf. The institute also carries out education and awareness programs and takes conservation actions through co-operation with local communities, other NGOs, academia and governmental agencies.
QECI first started its work in 2014 as a local marine conservation initiative for Qeshm Island. The conservancy is now officially registered as a tax-exempted institute under regulations of the Qeshm Trade-Industrial Free Area Organization. The QECI’s Office is located at the Qeshm International Incubator Center, a member of International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP) that is based in Qeshm Island at the Persian Gulf.
Our vision is a Persian Gulf with a healthy biodiversity, stunning marine habitats and natural resources that are sustainably used.
To achieve the above vision, our mission is to participate in and conduct our own research, develop science-based solutions, to organise educational activities and raise awareness, and generally take direct actions contributing towards the conservation of the Persian Gulf’s natural beauty.
- We always approach local communities as our main audience, because we believe sustaining biodiversity is not possible without their participation.
- We always try to use the expertise of professional advisers to facilitate our activities and to avoid reinventing the wheel!
- We always keep our activities and financial affairs transparent for our sponsors and audience, because we believe that their trust is our most valuable asset.
- We always adhere to the relevant national and international laws
- Full Name: Qeshm Environmental Conservation Institute
- Acronym: QECI
- Reg. Name: Darya Goostar Nemooneh Qeshm Environmental Conservation Institute
- Reg. Place: Department of Registration of Companies and Industrial and Intellectual Properties, Qeshm Trade-Industrial Free Area Organization, Iran
- Reg. Date: 2018-09-26
- Reg. No: 279
- National ID Code: 14007856792
- Postal Address: Office No. 13, Qeshm International Incubator Center (Markaz-e-Roshd-e-Qeshm), Pajoohesh Blvd, Geopark sq., Qeshm town, Qeshm Island, Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Postal Code: 7951616137
- Phone: +98 763 524 2096
- Email: email@example.com